Leona Lewis Official Forum

A fun and enjoyable forum for fans to talk about Leona Lewis

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LL6 - Official Thread
I don't think Alesso, Kygo collabs will come ngl. We know about these collabs for over a year and the problem with DJ collabs is that they can go very dated production wise and have to be very on trend. Still hope it's coming

(09-29-2017, 09:30 AM)RonIsObsessed Wrote: I don't think Alesso, Kygo collabs will come ngl. We know about these collabs for over a year and the problem with DJ collabs is that they can go very dated production wise and have to be very on trend. Still hope it's coming

Lots of things should have happened (or will happen) with the Kygo track.. Not sure how it is now. But maybe the track is for Leona's album after all? No clue about Alesso track.

Her collab with Seb has been, for valid and good reasons, cancelled.

(09-29-2017, 09:33 AM)Gregory Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 09:30 AM)RonIsObsessed Wrote: I don't think Alesso, Kygo collabs will come ngl. We know about these collabs for over a year and the problem with DJ collabs is that they can go very dated production wise and have to be very on trend. Still hope it's coming

Lots of things should have happened (or will happen) with the Kygo track.. Not sure how it is now. But maybe the track is for Leona's album after all? No clue about Alesso track.

Correct me if i'm worng, But it looks like Leona is going to RnB direction with her own project therefore an Alesso collab on her own album just wont meet the musical style she's going for..

Oh really?? That's sucks!  Crying

(09-29-2017, 09:54 AM)RonIsObsessed Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 09:33 AM)Gregory Wrote:

Correct me if i'm worng, But it looks like Leona is going to RnB direction with her own project therefore an Alesso collab on her own album just wont meet the musical style she's going for..

Oh really?? That's sucks!  Crying

I don't know about the direction.. I think that we thought that I Am would have been R&B too in the beginning  Happywide Leona usually records different kinds of genres, I know couple of producers she's worked with and those are more pop..

I wonder why she's taking acting classes

(10-07-2017, 10:11 AM)RonIsObsessed Wrote: I wonder why she's taking acting classes

Nothing in particular at the moment, she's been taking acting classes for a while now but these are not just random classes though

(10-07-2017, 11:31 AM)Gregory Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:11 AM)RonIsObsessed Wrote: I wonder why she's taking acting classes

Nothing in particular at the moment, she's been taking acting classes for a while now but these are not just random classes though

Interesting.. I hope it will end up having a positive effect on her stage presence at least

there is NOTHING  wrong with her stage presence look back to the Labyrinth Tour she danced her way through the whole show and sang flawlessly then look at the I Am Tour she had EVERYONE up on their feet and a standing ovation at EVERY venue the woman was perfection as she is on all tours, what she really needs is investment failth put in her i mean the last tour they wouldn't even fork out for a program nevermind a dvd, its not Leona's stage presence that's the problem its her label not showing enough faith up until now that is, i hope its all about to change, nobody in the music industry deserves success more than Leona she is the most talented vocally than anyone in the top 10 in the charts ist crazy that shes so underrated i can't fathom it

Hey everyone!

I don't know about you but I would really like to have a studio version of Leona's cover of Time after Time. I absolutely love her rendition of it! Gregory, do you know if she's recorded it in the studio at all? I'm not usually a fan of a lot of covers but this one I really want to have! I really like the Hurt EP as well!

I'm also really excited about any new music from Leona or any videos she might release for Christmas or next year at least!

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to discuss Leona's new music with you guys when she releases!  Cool

(10-27-2017, 09:09 PM)shaunm Wrote: Hey everyone!

I don't know about you but I would really like to have a studio version of Leona's cover of Time after Time. I absolutely love her rendition of it! Gregory, do you know if she's recorded it in the studio at all? I'm not usually a fan of a lot of covers but this one I really want to have! I really like the Hurt EP as well!

I'm also really excited about any new music from Leona or any videos she might release for Christmas or next year at least!

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to discuss Leona's new music with you guys when she releases!  Cool

She hasn't recorded a studio version of it sadly.

As far as I know she's doing 2 things Xmas related this year :)

Saw this on twitter and that's exactly what I was talking about few weeks ago: 

I do remember Leona visiting a Spotify Office few months ago (correct me if i'm wrong) so things might get more professional streaming wise this time around

Is there still an album in the making, then I thought about it and realised is any one still making albums. Upon listening to the charts all the singers seem to of emerged in this decade, post 2010. From what I see in the media here in London, UK all the big stars still do live shows, many of these having careers spanning over 40 years, having their first hits in the 70's. But they don't go any near the charts today! I hear Leona still performs all around the world doing galas etc and when I went to see her the concerts were full to the rafters but her sales at the time show the opposite.

Is it me, having streamed music on the charts doesn't have the appeal to me there seems to be something missing. Having something physical like and vinyl record or cassette and later CDs, you had something to be proud of from your favourite artist. Now the charts are about streaming, and its like going in the record shop/store that's open 24 hours a day and being able to listen whenever you want but not take it away, it isn't the same as having something to show off which could be highly prized and collectable. It might be me and my age, but I could remember when the age of vinyl picture discs and Top of the Pops and pop music was talked about as much as TV, movies or sport is today. By the way TV, movies, sport and music was very popular then.

But vinyl is back! Mainly re-issues. So where is the Leona Lewis albums on records or picture disc. The next album or any of Leona's albums, I would be in total bunny heaven and very happy to listen to the streams if I had a copy of the album on picture disc still sealed in its protective cover to keep in mint condition whilst listening on my computer, tablet or phone the best of both worlds.

(11-05-2017, 01:40 AM)John Messenbird Wrote: Is there still an album in the making, then I thought about it and realised is any one still making albums. Upon listening to the charts all the singers seem to of emerged in this decade, post 2010. From what I see in the media here in London, UK all the big stars still do live shows, many of these having careers spanning over 40 years, having their first hits in the 70's. But they don't go any near the charts today! I hear Leona still performs all around the world doing galas etc and when I went to see her the concerts were full to the rafters but her sales at the time show the opposite.

Is it me, having streamed music on the charts doesn't have the appeal to me there seems to be something missing. Having something physical like and vinyl record or cassette and later CDs, you had something to be proud of from your favourite artist. Now the charts are about streaming, and its like going in the record shop/store that's open 24 hours a day and being able to listen whenever you want but not take it away, it isn't the same as having something to show off which could be highly prized and collectable. It might be me and my age, but I could remember when the age of vinyl picture discs and Top of the Pops and pop music was talked about as much as TV, movies or sport is today. By the way TV, movies, sport and music was very popular then.

But vinyl is back! Mainly re-issues. So where is the Leona Lewis albums on records or picture disc. The next album or any of Leona's albums, I would be in total bunny heaven and very happy to listen to the streams if I had a copy of the album on picture disc still sealed in its protective cover to keep in mint condition whilst listening on my computer, tablet or phone the best of both worlds.

Yeah, times have changed and everyone is too focused on streaming which is indeed upsetting. I'd rather want people to buy albums and singles again, but technology is evolving and streaming is the best answer to prevent piracy

(11-05-2017, 11:00 AM)Gregory Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 01:40 AM)John Messenbird Wrote: Is there still an album in the making, then I thought about it and realised is any one still making albums. Upon listening to the charts all the singers seem to of emerged in this decade, post 2010. From what I see in the media here in London, UK all the big stars still do live shows, many of these having careers spanning over 40 years, having their first hits in the 70's. But they don't go any near the charts today! I hear Leona still performs all around the world doing galas etc and when I went to see her the concerts were full to the rafters but her sales at the time show the opposite.

Yeah, times have changed and everyone is too focused on streaming which is indeed upsetting. I'd rather want people to buy albums and singles again, but technology is evolving and streaming is the best answer to prevent piracy
I to am old school i ALWAYS buy a cd for Leona, but i also digital d/l on my computer i itunes it spotify it it all helps but my preference is CD

(11-05-2017, 10:23 PM)LeonaLewisFan1 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 11:00 AM)Gregory Wrote:

I to am old school i ALWAYS buy a cd for Leona, but i also digital d/l on my computer i itunes it spotify it it all helps but my preference is CD

To follow on from this subject, I am feeling a bit envious of fans of The Eagles (American Rock Band not Crystal Palace football team also known as The Eagles to their fans), They have released a special 40 Anniversary edition their 1977 classic album Hotel California on a set of Bluray Audio Discs. Now that is The Eagles fans happy! 

Just in case any Bunnies are fans of the Eagles I have found some links about the album;

https://eagles.com/news/295711
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotel-Californi...B076BWHMDP

(10-07-2017, 09:00 PM)LeonaLewisFan1 Wrote: there is NOTHING  wrong with her stage presence look back to the Labyrinth Tour she danced her way through the whole show and sang flawlessly then look at the I Am Tour she had EVERYONE up on their feet and a standing ovation at EVERY venue the woman was perfection as she is on all tours, what she really needs is investment failth put in her i mean the last tour they wouldn't even fork out for a program nevermind a dvd, its not Leona's stage presence that's the problem its her label not showing enough faith up until now that is, i hope its all about to change, nobody in the music industry deserves success more than Leona she is the most talented vocally than anyone in the top 10 in the charts ist crazy that shes so underrated i can't fathom it

This is true. It is frustrating being a Bunny when every other current music artist is forced fed down your throat, whether you like it or not. But the publicity machine just keeps passing Leona Lewis by.